Jan 9, 2019
This was one of my highest rated interviews. Tom is an open book. He shares openly with a lot of value bombs. This is an interview you will want to take notes.
It has been great to get to know Tom as a result of this interview. I have been to InnerWill several times and even created some great friendships among several InnerWill staff. It was a pleasure to interview Tom who I consider to be a national caliber speaker, consultant, and trainer.
In this episode:
* How Tom started working (and leading others) 50 hours a week
for a $1 an hour at age 10.
* How new leaders get to choose how they will lead and what causes experienced leaders to become cynical.
* What senior leaders must do to create long-term impact on their organization.
* What the Chinese told us about today's leadership more than 2500 years ago.
* What Tom says are the four ingredients for a good leadership development program.
* and much, much more.
I am so glad to be able to call Tom a friend.
For twenty years, Tom has been an executive coach, facilitator, and speaker. With a Doctorate in Leadership from The George Washington University, he is an adjunct instructor in Virginia Commonwealth Universities' Executive MBA Program.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
* Luck Stone
* High Performance Value Based Leadership - Ken Blanchard
* InnerWill Igniter App
* Robert Kegan - Harvard
* Jim Kouzes - The Leadership Challenge
* "Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box" by The Arbinger Institute
Links to these resources are available on the show notes page.